Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Following up...

I have had quite a response to the four types of sheep blog, and have really enjoyed them! Thank you for sharing with me...Something in me says I need to revisit that blog...Many have said they are a "mix" or that they stray...I need to say as far as being a straying sheep...it is the nature of sheep. They are easily distracted. The Shepherd knows it, and loves them despite themselves. Regardless of the mess they find themselves in, He always takes them back, lovingly, though sometimes with consequences - not necessarily imposed by the Shepherd...just the hazards of straying. I can admit that I am a hedonist by nature...but remind myself daily that I choose to be faithful...Don't think it ever just is, that we arrive...it is a constant choice to follow, and an inevitable struggle.

When we look at ourselves through the eyes of the world, we shame and condemn ourselves because we have not arrived. We must understand that the choice to be faithful is not second nature. We must never forget than in Him there is no condemnation...

I can't thank you enough for all of the encouragement. I am feeling stronger. The most beautiful part of the entire thing (illness) is the joy that I have felt, regardless of the circumstances, in the unknown...which was certainly my Spirit being buoyed by prayer! I send my heartfelt thanks to all who have been concerned...

No comments: